The Soft Home Designer develops artwork for a wide range home décor categories. They will oversee and create exclusive prints and designs that fit within brand objectives and are product right. The candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable working in a face-paced environment independently and within a team. This person must be capable of working on several distinct projects simultaneously.
This successful candidate must be a creative and inspirational thinker with a passion for developing unique and distinctive artwork with the following qualifications:
- Communicate in a clear fashion and articulate an enticing vision for print direction.
- Design and select original artwork/repeats based on seasonal trend direction
- Collaborate and interact effectively with design, product development and merchants to build and maintain productive customer service and associate work relationships
- Manage project schedules successfully within specific deadlines in a quick-turn environment
- Develop and manage an organized print archive.
- Work closely with vendors to address technical issues as they arise.
- Bachelor of Arts preferred, along with 5-7 years of related work experience
- In depth knowledge of CAD systems/software/printers.
- Global expertise of print and textile designs, color matching and creating colorways.
- Advanced art skills, including drawing and painting, in a variety of techniques, styles and subject matter
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Deadline-driven with a strong sense of priority and follow-through.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.