Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performs routine or structured work with coding and database management
- Uses existing procedures and facts to solve routine problems or conduct routine analyses
- Depends on others for instruction, guidance or direction while also serving as a resource to others
- Accesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Troubleshoots and identifies solutions to moderately complex issues
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of equivalent experience in the following skillsets
- Object-oriented programming
- SQL skills for reporting and database maintenance with SQL Server 2008 or higher
- SSIS package build with job scheduling and SSRS Reports
- Documentation and building test cases
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or higher
- Undergraduate degree (or higher) or equivalent experience
- Experience with Ajax tools, Team Foundation Server or similar code versioning software
- Knowledge of HIPAA Requirements and data security
- Hands on Regression testing with test planning & design
- Familiar with Project Development Life Cycle
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Developer I, Tampa, FL, Florida, Telecommute, telecommuting, telecommuter, work from home, wfh, travel, remote