What’s your next step? How will you leverage the study, training, certifications and your energy to help develop solutions to transform the health care industry? As an Associate Director at UnitedHealth Group, you can do just that. You’ll lead complex actuarial projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone. It’s an opportunity to help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group as you participate in the development of business strategy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work closely with the Director to manager and maintain the medical pricing model for Medicare Advantage EGWPs (Employer Group Waiver Plans)
- Lead actuarial analysts in the update and creation of medical pricing studies, supporting and enhancing the accurate pricing of the medical EGWP pricing
- Review emerging plan experience to ensure accurate pricing
- Work closely with the Individual Medicare Advantage Pricing Team, Trend Team, and Finance to ensure consistency with emerging trends and strategic planning
- Assist underwriting with ad hoc pricing questions
- Communicate pricing results to management and provide guidance on achieving financial targets
- Manage the workload and career development of a small staff of actuarial analysts
The challenges here are significant. You’ll be part of an intensely driven and focused team that is accountable for constantly improving business results. You’ll be a trusted subject matter expert who’s called on to incorporate traditional actuarial expertise into novel, cutting edge actuarial solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- 4+ years of professional Actuarial experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (including modeling)
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Previous experience with Medicare Advantage
- At least a basic level of proficiency with SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
- At least a basic level of proficiency with VBA
- 7+ years of actuarial experience
- Previous Project Management experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Raising our game in actuarial science will help UnitedHealth Group maintain our leadership for years to come. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.