If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm) Reporting to the Senior Vice President and General Manager of Bundled Payments business, the Bundled Payments Leader is responsible for building and managing data linkages with all key vendors while helping to establish the bundled payments for both BPCI and future commercial bundles. This business and operation will be participating in CMS’s Bundled Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI) opportunity as well as a broader commercial opportunity including retrospective and prospective bundled payment contracts and services. Duties will include a combination of program planning, developing an operating structure and metrics, data flow and timing for all CMS and non CMS data associated with Bundled Payments as well as build and implementation. Primary responsibilities will include partnership and vendor oversight, development / partnership with performance networks, alignment with clinical operations and supporting shared service functions as well as implementation of products and services. This leader will also need to build out and manage the operating model including service, issue resolution, reporting, performance management and more. Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and build a end to end operating model for data flow and ongoing operations.
- Provide input to vet partners/vendors to ensure successful program strategy, design, and implementation; to include bundle selection/DRGs, and performance network selection
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners/vendors to support key partnerships / client management with ongoing communications
- Assist in resolving potential issues that may arise involving partners and clients that impact program design, strategy, and implementation of the BPCI Advanced program and broader commercial opportunity
- Leverage data to work with customers and partners to agree on and implement proactive strategies to address issues and opportunities
- Build and evolve operating model for broader commercial opportunity beyond just BPCI (including prospective payments)
- Design standard operating processes and protocols for both PGPs and hospitalist groups in partnership with UHC network and operations teams and partners for acute and post-acute performance networks
- Direct cross functional and/or cross-segment teams in multiple markets to utilize and implement performance networks and standard operating processes
- Develop culture and staff for national field operations team focusing on collaboration, open communication, flexibility, customer management focus, etc.
- Provide guidance based on performance metrics to members of the network teams, including national, regional and local market staff and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required, post-graduate degree in business, economics, health, or public policy preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a large, complex and successful health care/managed care organization with demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and accountability
- 3+ years of operations or product management experience
- Prior experience with value-based programs and contracts
- Strategic thinking, analytical, innovation, financial and decision-making skills
- Broad based general management experience with direct financial accountability
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple audiences.
- Experience in start-up environment; supporting build of company at scale
- Experience with regulators, customers, distribution partners, and health care providers/networks
- Leadership experience working with cross-functional teams involving direct reports, matrix partners, and/or purchased/vended services.
- Ability to travel if needed
- Minnetonka, MN
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm) *All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.