- Lead advanced analytics and data science projects, including taking complex analytic projects from ideation to execution.
- Responsible for critical thinking and strategy discussions with leadership to understand company needs and objectives, making recommendations on how to apply data science methods to achieving those strategies, and executing with minimal guidance.
- Trusted SME for numerous advanced analytic methods, strong knowledge of both supervised and unsupervised learning as well as machine learning methods, e.g. Random Forest, Decision Trees, K-Means, Gradient Boosted Trees, Logistic/Linear Regression, Principal Component Analysis, Partial Least Squares Regression, Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN).
- Lead R&D efforts into machine learning and AI solutions, such as Speech to Text and NLP.
- Build predictive and machine learning models, evaluate performance, and operationalize models into a production setting by partnering with data scientists, analysts and operations teams.
- Dig beneath the surface of a problem to ascertain the “Why” in the backend data, uncover the true reasons data patterns and skews may be showing up, and convert those findings into clear data-backed recommendations to influence future strategies (e.g. Tell a Story with the Data)
- Analyze complex member data (e.g. relational databases, star schema’s, unstructured data such as speech analysis and NLP, etc) and turn into actionable insights
- Uncover data anomalies, discovering business insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques.
- Develop presentations around insights and tell compelling stories with the data, and deliver to constituents at all levels: strategic, tactical, operational, and across functions: marketing, operations, finance, etc.
- Communicate and present findings, orally and visually in a way that can be easily understood by business counterparts
- Highly evolved problem-solving skills and adept at understanding and resolving unstructured problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Actuarial Science
- 5+ years of experience in advanced SQL working with relational data in large enterprise environments with large datasets (e.g. 1+billion records)
- 5+ years of experience with data extraction/manipulation/transformation in environments such as SQL server, Netezza, Teradata, or Oracle
- 3+ years of experience in one of the following languages: R, Python, SAS
- 5+ years of experience developing compelling presentations around insights to be delivered to leaders across the organization and external customers
- 5+ years of experience combining numerous exogenous data sources (e.g. demographics/psychographics/SDoH) with consumer transactional and behavioral attributes to support advanced modeling efforts.
- 5+ years of statistical modeling experience using analytical algorithms such as Logistic Regression, OLS regression, etc.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative/business field
- Experience with text mining/text analytics
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP), converting qualitative member comments into quantitative data that can be used in machine learning and predictive algorithms.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Experience with experimental design (design of experiments)
- Knowledge of healthcare administrative data (medical claims, enrollment, provider data)
- Experience with applications such as Jupyter Notebooks, Spark
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms such as random forest, gradient boosted trees, recurrent neural networks (RNN), collaborative filtering
- Strong knowledge of extracting and developing key consumer insights within a population, distilling insights, and presenting to business leadership
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.