DescriptionThe Associate Director, Database Administration manages and maintains all production and non-production databases. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration. The Associate Director, Database Administration requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across department(s).
The Associate Director, Database Services works closely with the business and technology teams to provide Data Management services that are aligned with Humana’s corporate strategy. The Associate Director, Database Services requires a solid understanding of how technical and organizational capabilities interrelate across department(s).
- Provide clear direction by translating data management strategic priorities and goals into defined tactical action plans and milestones.
- Managing a team of managers and/or individual engineering resources vital to the support of data management solutions that require 99.99 SLA’s.
- Lead strategy around Cloud solutions, Managed Services, Automation, ML, and AI.
- Partner with senior leadership and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Work with cross functional leaders to understand and influence business data strategy, set priorities, and define data technology goals.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the data management team in order to deliver quality solutions.
- Partner across technical platform ownership to define and drive the on premise and cloud data management solution strategies.
- Continue to drive the team toward delivery of the best data management infrastructure.
- Ensure high quality service is achieved by providing oversight, monitoring key performance indicators and internal controls and keeping abreast of market events and industry changes.
- Optimizing all aspects of data management eco-system, including performance, resiliency, availability, resource utilization and innovation.
- Act quickly and appropriately to solve problems, bring clarity and minimize the impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- Drive implementation of standards and lifecycle processes.
- Inspire, guide, and energize others to embrace new opportunities arising from change and inspire strong organizational performance through periods of transformation, ambiguity, and complexity.
- Develop staff through coaching, provide timely performance feedback and assessments and establish performance and development plans.
- Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth.
Typically requires Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, 6+ years of technical and 2+ years of management experience
- Extensive experience with data management and\or software development.
- Experience with database engines: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Mongo, MySQL, etc.
- Cloud experience.
- DevOps knowledge.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery knowledge.
- Vendor management relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid management experience of large teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attract, develop and retain engaged engineering team.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40