You've been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. You've learned to lead. You've built a deep expertise in health care network operations. You've set your sights on having more impact in more ways. It's time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group meet the challenge of shaping where health care will go. We're driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and perform. Join us and you'll play a key role in directing the management of data and databases of physicians and specialists who are part of our provider networks. Along the way, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
The Associate Director, UnitedHealth Networks is responsible for executing the health system adoption for integrated EMR Point-of-Care solutions including PreCheck MyScript and next generation solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Executes the EMR vendor and health system strategy for PreCheck MyScript and other EMR point-of-care solutions in collaboration with UHN network contracting leads, strategic account executives and ensures health system prioritization is managed for priorities across UHC as directed by the UHN Director of Operations and UHN Operations COO.
- Engage with EMR vendors and health system partners to secure health system integration with UHC’s non cloud based EMR partners for adoption of Point-of-Care solutions within Epic and Cerner systems.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for PreCheck MyScript and other UHC Point-of-Care solutions providing support to UHN regional leads and UHC market account personnel.
- Responsible for managing Point-of-Care Health System Pipeline and ensuring UHG priority health systems are engaged, contracted and implemented with a UHC integration partner.
- Responsible for coordination of Point-of-Care health system pipeline priorities with all UHN regional leads and national leaders and acts as point person for engaging integration partners between the health systems and the vendors.
- Manages ongoing health system pipeline review with EMR integration vendors on a weekly basis and prepares reports to UHN, UHC and Optum leadership audiences on status, challenges and adoption projections
- Ownership of EMR contracting process and ongoing vendor oversight including compliance, vendor payment escalations, risk reviews and routine business reviews with the vendors.
- During implementation phase - remove obstacles/roadblocks to enable success of the team, execution of defined scope of work and preparation of reporting to UHN Operations leadership, UHC Steering Committees.
- Maintain and update all Point-of-Care performance metrics including Transaction volume, trends, system performance, current adoption and provider adoption projections for all EMR and integration vendors.
- Work with business partners on the development of business strategies to secure health system adoption for Point-of-Care solutions.
Skills / Characteristics Needed
- Displays sound judgment and decision making ability
- Results focused with the ability to work in a cross-functional organization and communicate professionally with team members in all levels
- Ability to negotiate contracts in line with business goals
- Must have both cost saving & analytics experience
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
- Ability to understand the underlying business model and question / challenge others to think through the problems, improvement opportunities, solutions, and plans
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including business process, risk identification & mitigation, resource allocation and facilitation
- Strong leadership capabilities with emphasis on cross-functional leadership
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with high comfort level presenting in front of senior executives
BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
5+ years of managed care operations experience
5+ years of experience working with provider network operations and relations
Ability to create and conduct effective presentations to executive leadership
Intermediate proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Will and able to travel regionally up to 50% of the time to health systems
Experience in e-Prescribing operations strongly preferred
Strong presentation skills and ability to negotiate with senior level executives in health systems and network providers
Exposure to cross functional business processes in a matrixed environment within the healthcare industry
Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely and the ability to facilitate meetings
Strong written, verbal and presentation and communication skills
Data, technology and people are helping UnitedHealth Group play a leading role in health care change and performance. Our impact is improving the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in xyz location/radius/time zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.