DescriptionThe Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across department(s).
The Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions on, for example, acquisitions, investments, capital expenditure, divestitures, mergers, or the sale of assets.
In addition, the Associate Director will:
- Collaborate with broader Operational leaders to analyze the financial implications of investments and changes to models of care so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization's business objectives.
- Support the business in their development of short, medium and long-range resource requirements
- Understand monthly/quarterly actuals and key drivers of past performance as well as impact of results on the future outlook
- Manage forecast process including monthly/quarterly updates and annual/strategic plans
- Perform insightful analysis around operational variances (rate/volume, pricing, mix, etc.)
- Partner with Operational leaders to assess ‘test and learn’ opportunities including pricing new pilots and impact to business
- Lead and develop pricing for care management programs for the annual intercompany pricing review
- Responsible for business segment consolidation and reporting
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, in finance, accounting or related field
- 10+ years of technical financial experience including; financial, economic, market trend analysis, financial modeling, reporting and budgeting
- Strategic thinking and planning capabilities; excellent organizational skills at coordinating and consolidating inputs across multiple functions
- 5+ years of management experience leading a team
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), collaboration and delegation skills
- Prior FP&A experience in a large, public, national and/or multi-national environment
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a CPA strongly preferred
- Prior health insurance industry experience working in Finance/Accounting
Scheduled Weekly Hours40