If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to the Director of Market Operations, the Associate Director of Market Operations will have a dotted line to the local Market President and will serve as an individual contributor - while working closely with the operational department heads. The Associate Director will act as an Operations subject matter expert in working with the growth team and local leadership. The Associate Director will provide guidance regarding feasibility of implementing proposed risk contracts, educate potential and existing clients regarding capabilities, and ensure a close connection between local market needs and operational capabilities and capacity.
The Associate Director will sit in the local market office and will be responsible for maintaining a high level of satisfaction from the local leadership teams regarding Operations performance, and overall responsiveness and attention from Operations.
- Act as the primary senior contact for local issues related to operations (service, claims, eligibility, utilization management, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with the heads of centralized operations regarding local market issues
- Develop relationships with the local provider community
- Work with Issue Resolution Specialists regarding claims projects, escalated customer issues, and trending analyses
- Develop relationships and collaborate with local UHC and Optum leadership and network teams
- Act as advocate for local market needs and influence change within Operations to meet customer needs
- Act as an advocate for Operations when influence is needed within the local market team
- Educate providers on billing issues, portal navigation, claims policies, and other information
- Act as brand ambassador for Care Delivery, Optum Medical Network, and CD's unique Service Model
- Work with Operations leadership to design innovative ways to enhance our service model and improve customer satisfaction
- 3+ years of experience in managed care and operations management
- Experience working a role where there has been demonstrated success with Client Relationship Management
- Experience with consultative approach and leading others without direct authority
- Experience executing formal change management techniques
- Experience leading process improvement initiatives
- Experience creating and monitoring performance scorecards and/or performance metrics
- Experience driving and executing customer focused strategies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of projects/health plan implementation experience
- Medicare & Medicaid experience
- Operational healthcare experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.