No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant.
As the Senior Health Care Economics Consultant, you will perform critical research and investigation of key business problems. Using phenomenal analytical skills, you will develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets for the enterprise. As a subject matter expert, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. You will help in identifying potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference in our company, our industry, even our world. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for providing leadership of quantitative analytics of utilization, healthcare costs, and population health. Manages execution and drives operational excellence. Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions. Owns end-to-end reporting and analytics processes. Develops functional, market level, and / or site strategy, plans, productions and organizational priorities. Daily responsibilities include managing team and engagement production, meeting departmental turnaround times, and ensuring accurate and timely completion of deliverables. Additional responsibilities involve strategic trend identification, monitoring medical cost trend, issue resolution and technical solutions related to data, data flow and algorithm development.
If you are located in California, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manages population health analytics in support of patient identification and stratification initiative, program development and execution
- Develops full understanding of clinical programs being measured and sets performance goals
- Identifies and implements appropriate analytic approaches and methodologies
- Performs statistical analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs (e.g. pre p st analysis, clinical trial results)
- Works with clinical teams to identify areas of opportunity to drive performance of programs and develops conclusions and recommendations
- Designs, produces and supports development of clinical dashboards and key performance indicator reports to meet customer requirements (e.g. local markets, external customers)
- Identifies trend drivers, medical cost trends, membership trends, and distributes forecast reporting for decision making
- Leverages and coordinates enterprise-wide capabilities to meet business specific needs
- Participates in the planning, development, and deployment of business strategy
- Communicates results to relevant audiences and incorporates results into forecasting process and reporting
- Works with internal teams (e.g. HCE, IT) to build ongoing reporting needs into the production environment
- provide analysis and consultation to our local markets, clinicians and leaders to provide optimal, affordable care in conjunction with our analytics partners across Optum
- research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses healthcare data. Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions.
- Leads initiatives in support of operations, project work, and innovative / exploratory analyses
- Provides team leadership to and is accountable for supporting the performance of the HCE team
- Graduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Health Administration, Mathematics or related field, or Bachelor’s degree in relevant feel with 8+ years of healthcare experience
- 5+ years of work experience in team and / or program management
- 5+ years of experience in health care analytics
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with SAS, SQL, and / or other statistical programs
- Proficiency with Tableau
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
- Advanced MS Excel skills for data analysis, presentation and reporting
- Ability to work with and manage large amounts of data
- Strong facilitation, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to present to Sr. leadership audiences
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, analytics, clinical, SAS, manager, supervisor, CA, California, Telecommute, Telecommuter