As the Associate Director Healthcare Economics, you will act as lead to perform critical research and investigation of key business problems. Using phenomenal analytical skills, you will help to build solutions to improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets for the enterprise. As a subject matter expert, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. You will be involved in identifying potential areas for RAF improvements and improved member condition capture. There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference? In our company, our industry, even our world. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide thought leadership to build, develop, and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards, and performance metrics support that support key business decisions
- Lead discussions to optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining, and engineering, as well as modeling, visualization, and communication deliverables
- Examine, interpret, and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing, and product teams
- Oversee the data/report requests process; Track requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company
- Influence senior executive leaders to balance competing priorities
- Lead matrix teams to common solutions
- Lead, coach, mentor, and manage a team of Business Analysts
- Undergraduate degree in Math, Statistics, Engineering, or Analytics field
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Working knowledge of data mining principles; Predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Strong SQL skills; Ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and sub-queries
- 3+ years of experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue, and other key business outcomes
- Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive HQL, PySpark ) and/or experience overseeing development of databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions
- Understanding of, and experience using, analytical concepts and statistical techniques; Hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques; GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Experience in healthcare insurance; Risk adjustment payment models a plus
- Strong problem solving, quantitative, and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Specific Tableau experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: data analysis, risk, SQL, Agile, big data, Santa Ana, CA, California, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, telecommute, remote