Positions in this function research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data. Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions. Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. Provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses.
- Develop and improve quantitative/qualitative data analytics and set performance targets
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling, program development, and producing client reports
- Interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend efficient and accurate methods
- Provide and summarize claims, provider, lab, pharmacy, and membership data in support of Business Operations, Analytics, and Clients
- Create and update automated processes
- Analyze reporting tools to investigate sources of variations
- Produce and review production reports
- Managing technical resources
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of IT experience in an enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience in health care analytics
- 5+ years working with large data sets
- 2+ years technical lead experience
- An intermediate-Advanced level proficiency with SAS, SQL and/or other statistical programs
- An intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- Medicare experience
- R, Python, Tableau, Hadoop, Big Data skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.