For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of Underwriting is responsible for leading a team of talented, motivated individuals who support all facets of the fully insured underwriting process. This individual will consult with risk management leads that support policies, procedures and protocols. They will collaborate with Actuarial, Financial and Sales teams to help execute the small business fully insured underwriting process in alignment and in support of business goals and objectives.
This role is in Key Accounts and is located in Minnetonka, MN. Primary Responsibilities:
- Support the Forecasting and Budgeting process through modeling and risk analysis
- Manage the monthly renewal production in accordance with business plan objectives
- Provide support and expertise in cross functional interchanges with related areas such as Medical UW, ASO UW, Risk Management and local health plans.
- Supervise production and maintain reporting on new business quoting
- Lead a team of professional Underwriters modeling UHG values with frequent 1:1 contact, training, performance evaluations and development planning.
- 5+ years of experience with Healthcare Underwriting
- Management experience including activities such as mentoring
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency with Excel
- Direct management experience
- Confidence in clearly articulating strategies and pricing positions to external customers
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to deliver difficult answers in a positive manner
- Experience working with Sales team
- Bachelors or higher level degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Science or related degree
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director, Underwriting
Associate Director, Key Account Underwriting
Market Advisor, Key Account Underwriting