DescriptionBe a part of a leading edge member engagement marketing team with a goal of enabling Humana to personalize its interactions with its members and support business strategy and vision.
Humana is seeking an Associate Director, Marketing Technology Platforms who will be responsible for the leadership and day-to-day management of the technology platforms and operations team of approximately 25 associates that will be responsible for Humana’s marketing and communications platform, including platform and product management, platform operations, channel and vendor management, platform innovation, and platform adoption and training. The technology platform is used by all Humana business segments and enables the creation and delivery of more than one billion consumer interactions annually, including all required communications and the majority of discretionary marketing communications.
This role requires innovative thinking about the interactions between Humana and the consumer, and a practical understanding of how modern multi-channel, personalized marketing communications and consumer engagement programs are enabled by data, analytics and technology. The Associate Director, Marketing Technology Platforms must be able to understand the consumer experience that fulfills the Humana brand promise, define the marketing platform capabilities necessary to deliver a personalized experience reliably and efficiently, and manage the development and operation of those platforms for users across the enterprise. This role will also serve as an evangelist promoting the benefits of modern, omni-channel marketing capabilities throughout the company. He/she understands the positive impact modern marketing programs can have on an organization, and is deeply passionate about enabling omni-channel, data-rich marketing programs in an integrated approach that is directly driven by the strategic goals of the company, and the health goals of our members.
- Lead and inspire a team with extensive and unique expertise in marketing and communication technology, data and analytic techniques, and business applications, in addition to external contractors, vendors and partners, a non-personnel budget and an annual technology investment budget serving all Humana business segments .
- Develop a 5-year technology strategy and 1-2 year roadmaps aligned to marketing and communications priorities for consumer, provider and other audiences that accomplish the following: address business needs and priorities, define operating and capital investment priorities, manage the effectiveness of related projects, identify and oversee technology development efforts, and ensure enterprise-wide coordination of efforts in the marketing & communication space.
- Day-to-day operation of the Marketing & Communications Platform by monitoring and overseeing Humana IT and external resources and creating and executing processes and workflows that integrate with other key technology platforms (e.g., Salesforce Service Cloud) and functions (e.g., Digital Center of Excellence).
- Ensuring our marketing and communication channels are modern and up-to-date, capable of efficiently delivering world-class communications to all customer types, and ensuring that vendor partners are delivering as needed.
- Maintaining a forward-looking view of innovations in the marketing & communications space and influencing the organization on how those innovations could best be used to advance the capabilities of our MCP and better support key business and personalization goals.
- Creating and executing plans to increase the utilization of the MCP throughout the business in order to increase the value delivered by our investments in the MCP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (e.g., computer science, engineering, etc.)
- Experience managing and supporting the marketing technology stack, including IBM/Marketing Software, IBM Watson Campaign Automation, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Sitecore, Tableau, and similar tools
- 8-12 years experience in performance marketing environment, including experience implementing marketing infrastructure / ecosystem, managing digital platforms and experiences, developing and managing multi-channel programs / campaigns, and developing and supporting users of marketing performance reports / dashboards.
- Strong knowledge of multi-channel and inbound / outbound marketing, including mail, email, digital, telephone, mobile and social channels / media, in planned and triggered contexts.
- Experience and knowedge of traditional marketing data and database approaches (i.e., hosted and on prem marketing datamarts, etc.) along with digital data platforms (i.e., DMP, DSP, data partners) and emerging big data capabilities (i.e., Amazon, Google, Microsoft).
- Familiarity with complex content creation and management platforms, and related business processes to support high volume, personalized interactions across marketing channels.
- Experience managing internal marketing technology as well as vendor-provided solutions, including implementation of packaged software, integration of SAAS solutions, and business leadership of custom integration and development efforts.
- Track record of enabling repeatable processes, driving advancement in quality, collaborating within a matrixed marketing organization, and collaborating with business and IT in a responsive and productive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build a high-performance team, attract and retain talent, and develop and train others on the above topics / areas of expertise.
- Strong understanding of identity management and data integration including mastering and integration technologies as well as digital fingerprinting and data integration for digital identities including cookies and devices.
- Experience as a technology product manager, including defining requirements, roadmaps, service and support models, training programs, and related budgets for large multi-application product suites.
- Master’s Degree of Business Administration or Technology Management
- Work experience in a health care and / or insurance setting
- Reports to a Vice President of Engagement Marketing Operations and Enterprise CRM, as part of the Consumer Group led by Humana’s Chief Consumer Officer.
- He/she will work closely with other teams in Enterprise Customer Relationship Management, including Campaign Management & Personalization, Communications Production, Marketing Process and Quality Improvement, and in other areas including Consumer Analytics, Consumer Research, Humana IT, other Humana Consumer Group Centers of Excellence, Humana Business Segments including Medicare, Employer Group, Healthcare Services, Pharmacy Services, and outside vendors as needed, to achieve the above.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40