Careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward. Instead of impacting a few people each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Within the Optum Operations business this Associate Director of Medical and Clinical Operations, position will be responsible for all direct operational activity for the Whole Person Care Team. They will lead the building and support of robust relationships with key C&S Health Plan clinical leaders. This individual will also lead innovation by proactively making recommendations on program design to ensure program performance to meet or exceed set targets.
- The Associate Director will work cross - functionally in collaboration with operations, reporting, analytics and finance to support the execution of the program
- Work with reporting to monitor Optum performance at the health plan level with presentation of results at monthly business reviews with regional leaders and health plan leaders
- There will be accountability for partnering on all custom / non - standard requests made by the health plan and they will need to represent care management during state audits
- Support direct and indirect reports and provide them with ongoing developmental opportunities and mentoring / coaching
- Identifying and driving affordability opportunities within the health plan
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 3+ year’s health plan or clinical care management with progressive operational experience
- 2+ years of management experience with Manager / Supervisor level clinical program oversight
- Demonstrated experience building trusted business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deliverables, interpret data, operate strategically and execute end to end process
- Excellent analytical skills - demonstrate use of analytics based decision making skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage change and difficult issues and drive resolution across team
- Ability to execute effectively on end to end processes
- Experience working within matrix organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Less 25% travel, quarterly to other market at minimum
- Registered Nurse or licensed behavioral health clinician (LCSW)
- Public Sector experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Operations, Management, Clinical, Whole Person Care, Health Plan, Customer, Client