The Associate Director of Data Science and Analytics is a player-coach responsible for driving improved, aligned analytics strategies and approaches to improve targeting and visibility to program outcomes through tool and resource development. Strategic guidance and oversight will span from pilot and study design and retrospective properly-controlled analyses, through implementation and iteration of predictive algorithms to improve and optimize outcomes. You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you help us help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, and iterate a strategic analytic roadmap to enable better-informed data-driven business decision-making
- Drive awareness and knowledge of appropriate study design, measurement methodology and predictive and prescriptive analytics across the organization, partnering, developing, coaching, and mentoring teams
- Develop streamlined processes to improve and align effectiveness analyses across the organization
- Identify root causes, and establish iterative data science approaches and strategies as a core driver of informed data-driven business decision-making and program optimization
- Assess the appropriately-controlled comparative effectiveness of programs and pilots currently in-flight
- Design and execute lean startup / lean product development methodologies to ensure appropriate, early success criteria determination and outcomes measurement to test new program concepts to improve and optimize program outcomes
- Estimate business value realization and ROI, and translate analytic and financial insights into understandable business language
- Define and prioritize strategic and tactical analytic efforts
- Design, develop, interpret, translate and present outcomes and recommendations to executives
- Support the development and implementation of a research, evaluation, and publication plan
Develop, refine, and direct new stratification, segmentation, and iterative predictive models to identify impactable, high risk members for targeted interventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, or related field,
- 7+ years in of analytics experience and the use of SAS, R, or S+
- 2+ years leading, coaching, and mentoring analytic teams
- 5+ years of financial modeling and analysis
- Experience and comfort presenting to executive stakeholders, with the ability to translate analytic insights into understandable business language
- Experience consulting and driving change within a highly matrixed organization
- Experience with propensity score matching and randomized control trials
- Experience driving and training others in data science, predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Master’s or Doctorate degree preferred, and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience designing and implementing lean startup / lean product development methodologies
- Experience with health economics/HEOR, study design and analysis
- Strong business focus, and ability to translate business needs into analytic objectives, and measure associated value to the business
- Curious self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment with strong focus on innovation
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.