DescriptionHumana needs your analytical skills to help us tell a compelling story about healthcare today. Through the strategic interpretation of data, we provide our consumers with meaningful insights about the choices they make and help them lead their best lives. We’re passionate about combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new, actionable discoveries about our members and their health-related behaviors. We encourage you to dive into your passion for data and use analysis to help Humana tell the health-and-wellness stories of our members. We’re looking for driven, innovative people who are interested in using their data-mining and analytical skills to help our consumers achieve lifelong well-being and help Humana make lasting, positive changes in the healthcare industry.
As an Associate Director, Enterprise Risk Management working for the VP of Enterprise Risk Management, you will be responsible for the co-creation of strategies to manage risk in the operational businesses you support. You will provide feedback from operational business areas to inform the Enterprise Risk Management framework. The ideal candidate will work with a number of critical operational risk leaders across company to provide additional visibility into the overall risk and control environment to support their operating businesses and functions. The ideal candidate will demonstrate top performance in operational risk management, consulting, auditing or corporate strategy environment, and will be able to influence and drive change across the enterprise through collaboration and thorough understanding of business and their risks.
The Associate Director, Enterprise Risk Management identifies and analyzes potential sources of loss to manage risk. This individual requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across department(s). The Associate Director, Enterprise Risk Management estimates the potential financial and operational consequences of an occurring loss. Oversees implementation and development of controls of the 1st line to manage the organization's risks. Assesses and communicates information regarding business risks with functions across the organization, including leadership risk committees. Decisions are typically related to identifying, quantifying, and resolving complex technical and operational problems within department(s), and could lead multiple managers or highly specialized professional associates.
• Prioritize and develop partnership practices with business operators to assess quality of risk and control environment
• Works with aligned business areas to effectively challenge business processes, controls, remediation, lessons learned
• Develop and oversee governance policies, oversight processes and strategic changes for aligned critical operational risk area(s) such as Clinical Quality, Business Continuity, IT Risk, Fraud, Model Risk, Cyber, Data Risk, etc.
• Contextualizes progress toward risk management execution and addressing meaningful opportunities for improvement
• Oversee effectiveness of risk assessments to assess potential risk impacts, risk management maturity, and related information for key business operational risks
• Incorporate risk appetite as part of strategic and operational decision making, including risk limits and critical operational metrics
• Manage a team that monitors and assure the effectiveness of operational risk systems, policies, processes and measurement tools
• Identify and leverage best practices in risk management across industries
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of experience in risk management, consulting, auditing, operations
• Proven ability to partner, influence and communicate effectively with executive level leadership
• Demonstrated ability in risk management
• Familiarity with GRC or similar platform
• Ability to anticipate and be proactive around next steps in large initiatives simultaneously
• Broad understanding of healthcare business and connectedness to key Humana constituent areas
• Relationship focused and can represent the “office of the CRO” with internal audiences
• Knowledge of health insurance operations, procedures and systems
You will report to a SVP of Risk, and this area is under the leadership of the Chief Risk Officer.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40