If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Core aspects of this role is to be the lead of the Reporting and Analytics team for the regional finance organization. The main responsibilities of this role are as follows:
Single point of contact from a Finance perspective to the regional leads. This role serves the Regional finance leads and occasionally work with the individual Regional CEO's that report up through the President.
The core of role will be to help provide data and reporting to enable key decision support at a local level through strong financial acumen and interpretation of results.
This role will be an extension of our National Finance team in a matrixed environment. This role requires strong communication skills of results, a strong sense of being able to roll up sleeves and guide a small team to develop and expand their skills.
- Create reporting for finance leads to enable market leadership teams and field organization stakeholders of financial performance
- Develop forecast inputs and report quarterly forecasts (Budget, 2+10, 5+7, 8+4)
- Distribute, review monthly and year-to-date financial results
- Build ad-hoc reporting using member level financial data
- Help support and analyze risk arrangements with providers (capitation, ACO, other risk incentives)
- Merger & acquisition and special projects support with modeling of financial projections
- Help develop and model various other financial scenarios to determine potential & likely outcomes
- Researches economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning
- Provides support and infrastructure to finance leadership
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of direct team
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant financial and operational experience
- Exceptional financial acumen
- BA/BS in finance, accounting or related field. MBA
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: associate finance director, financial statements, month end close, developing and forecasting, M&R, Minnetonka, MN