The Associate Director of Health & Welfare Benefits for Optum Health will oversee the administration of employee health and welfare benefit programs for OptumCare. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Benefits for Optum Health. Primary Responsibilities:
- Work with the communications team to create, review, and present accurate and engaging benefits communications materials for candidates and employees
- Work with the benefits administration vendors and health and welfare carriers, including contracting, agreements, billing, reporting, etc.
- Work with finance team to monitor benefits budget
- Oversight of business requirements and testing of systems changes
- Lead and coordinate annual open enrollment process for OptumCare, including training of customer service call centers
- Work with Sr. Director and Sr. Analyst to create annual strategic plan, including creating business case for updates using benchmarking and cost analysis
- Work with Compliance and Legal to monitor and keep current with laws, regulations, and standards impacting federal and state health insurance programs including IRS Code Section 125 Cafeteria plan requirements, ERISA requirements for health and welfare benefit plans, COBRA, HIPAA, Medicare, The Affordable Healthcare Act, benefits taxation issues, Corporate Practice of Medicine, and other regulations that relate to employee benefit programs
- Oversee successful execution of Benefits Compliance Calendar for OptumCare including Summary Plan Description Updates, 5500's, Non-Discrimination testing, required state filings, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business, health care management, or other relevant program
- 5+ years of experience in health and welfare benefits administration
- Previous management experience strongly preferred
- CEB or Benefits Certification
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: benefits, manager, health, wellness, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota