- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participate in the development of business strategy
- Apply network configuration and incentive - based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- May have segment - wide impact
- Direct cross-functional and / or cross - segment teams
- Bachelors degree or 5+ years of equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in a network management - related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 5+ years experience in contributing to the development of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- 5+ years experience with provider contracting
- 1+ years of Supervisory experience
- Expert level of knowledge reimbursement methodologies such as Shared Savings and Risk, Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- Strong account management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information form others, including but not limited to reimbursement policy standards
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Contract Management, Contract Negotiations, Network Contract Manager, New York