This job is ideal for someone who loves research, has recently earned or will soon earn a PhD or MD, wants to improve health care, and enjoys the rigorous process of creating, developing and testing innovative ideas. Work with the direction of a senior member of the scientific leadership group. At the company’s discretion, promotion from the Research Associate role to a permanent scientific leadership position, or to participation in one of our research studios, can occur after one or two years.
- Research, analyze, and report on immunology-related innovation opportunities
- Participate in developing a multi-year research program which aims to improve health through innovative research, technology, service delivery, and data analytics
- Act as liaison between the company’s scientific leadership and research teams
- Recommend, co-design and lead specific research initiatives
- Work with statisticians in the analysis and interpretation of data
- Mentor and learn from other researchers in conceptual and data analysis
- Ensure completion of projects on time and at high quality
- Review experimental designs, statistical analyses, and provide critical thinking
- Facilitate team environment and model good communication
- Ensure compliance with IRB requirements and ethical standards for research/practice
- Remain current with developments in the field and relevant literature
- PhD or MD - Recent or soon to be graduate, immunology or related field
- Experience analyzing scientific literature and research data
- Synthesize and write key findings
- Understand potential impact to the health care industry
- Generate defensible research / business ideas
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director, Research, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota