You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, related field or other field with equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare business/finance analysis
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking, project management and / or evaluation of business processes required
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems required (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of relational databases and database structures
- Experience in managed care working with product, network, distribution and provider relations/contracting, distribution and community relations
- Strong working knowledge of UnitedHealth Care operations, structure and data sources
- Working knowledge of available resources and tools (e.g., MML, CMS Competitive Database, KMI Database, others)
- Excellent analytical, data modeling and quantitative skills with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization; develops analytical models with multiple inputs/variables, scenarios and sensitivity modeling
- Master’s degree
- Previous Stars or HEDIS experience
- Experience utilizing SQL and/or SAS
- Clinical background/training (RN, NP, Pharm.D, etc) or ability to absorb clinical quality specifications and speak with confidence
- Ability to work in high pace, complex organization
- Ability to effectively communicate analysis verbally and in writing to clients and business partners
- Ability to problem solve including multiple priorities and research conflicting and/or inaccurate data
- Ability to communicate complex issues simply and concisely; excellent verbal and written communication skills; advanced presentation skills; ability to adapt style, approach and level of detail according to the audience
- Strong ability to solve complex process problems spanning multiple functional areas and business units; managing through direct and indirect reporting relationships is a key function of this role
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and able to work with little direct supervision and drive results with disciplined follow-through
- Proven ability to quickly gain credibility, influence and partner with business leaders and cross functional teams
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
At UnitedHealthcare, we're addressing the social drivers of health ? and helping to change the broader circumstances of members' lives ? providing greater stability, access, and wellbeing that can allow members to rise out of poverty. What's more important than that? So join us and lead initiatives to influence state or national policy and do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manage, manager, business, finance, clinical, process, data, analysis, analyze, metrics, quality, forecast, STARS, director, HEDIS, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter