If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Clinical Performance is charged with effectively implementing, monitoring, and executing on programs related to driving affordability, clinical quality and risk adjustment activities across all lines of business for OptumCare a ~$9billion a year organization, touching over 9 million patients, 80 payers, and 22,000 providers.
This position will report into the Director of Operational Enablement and will be responsible for overseeing Operational Enablement team projects and capabilities, ensuring successful execution of application enhancements, documentation, reporting, and analytic deliverables. This position requires monitoring deliverables, forecasting operational and business planning, managing staff and resolving priority conflicts. The candidate must have excellent multi - tasking skills and experience working with matrixed teams. He / She will be responsible for driving key enterprise initiatives, understanding milestones and appropriate communication, points of engagement, and escalation to leadership.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ensuring staff is supported and set - up for success
- Organizing, and monitoring reporting metrics, milestones, and communications for the overall team and associated work streams
- Collaborating with Project Champions and SMEs to model out and monitor key milestones, KPIs, and risks / opportunities for ongoing projects
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives across reporting and analytics to ensure delivery
- Facilitate weekly touch points with leader to provide updates and identify risks and opportunities to cost and revenue
- Own milestone and key milestones dashboard to timely and accurately identify metric and trend updates, escalations, and communications at both the executive leadership and operator level
- Ability to effective lead, manage and deliver in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Extremely creative at solving complex problems with strong analytical ability to recommend solutions
- Strong reporting process management, team management and leadership experience in a large, complex healthcare setting
- Working in a matrix environment to drive efficiencies through influence
- Takes ownership of the process and provides constructive information to minimize problems and increase market satisfaction
- Able to manage multiple initiatives by prioritizing goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of technical experience in SQL, VB, Access, and data reporting
- 5+ years of leadership, employee management, and supervisory experience
- 3+ years of experience working on multiple projects and help manage reporting resources
- 3+ years of experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Documentation experience is needed; including business reporting requirements
- Advanced level experience in MS Office (e.g., Project, Power Point, Excel, Visio, Access, Word)
- 10% travel required
- Working knowledge of quality, risk adjustment and medical management with experience working in the following: STAR, RAF, Utilization Management (CM, DM, Pre - Service, Concurrent Review)
- Knowledge of federal (e.g., CMS) and state laws and regulations relating to Medicare Advantage
- Ability to build strong relationships across a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and in a matrix team environment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director Operational Enablement, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Working from Home