DescriptionThe Associate Director, Software Engineering codes software applications based on business requirements. The Associate Director, Software Engineering requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across department(s).
Lead a group of Information Services professionals in the design, development, installation and maintenance of systems that meet the strategic and tactical needs of Humana Government Business. Provide direction and oversight to their staff of IS personnel with the goal of maximizing utilization of human, software and hardware resources. Work collaboratively with business owners, process owners and subject matter experts to develop systems and processes that increase the efficiency of work being performed, reduce the probability of errors, increase self-service transactions by customers and provide management with tools and reports for process oversight
Systems Development and Integration Accountabilities
• Provide management and direction for Information System application integration, development and maintenance.
o Provide guidance to team members to ensure that integration, development and maintenance activities result in systems applications are secure, stable, accurate, easy to use, responsive, relevant, timely and maintainable.
• Assist business owners in recognizing opportunities and defining requirements to improve business processes through the use of technology.
• Propose and develop innovative new methods and techniques to improve operational effectiveness of new and existing systems.
Project and Change Management Accountabilities
• Utilize Project Portfolio Management Methodology
• Utilize Formal Change Management Process
Administrative Support Accountabilities
• Work with Senior IT staff to plan the number and type of IT positions required for the team to effectively support their areas of responsibility.
• Participate in the recruiting process, including documenting all candidate interviews.
• Effectively manage staff to help achieve high quality output from each team member. This includes conducting team meetings, one on one meetings and other measures as necessary.
• Conduct performance reviews and talent management activities in accordance with Humana Military policy
• Bachelor’s Degree in MIS/Computer Science, technical area preferred or technical training equivalent
• Nine or more years of progressive information technology experience, with a focus web application development and integration. Provider information experience is a plus.
• Proven analytical, technical and communications skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to interface successfully with many different personalities
• Project Management experience
• Leadership skills and experience
• Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
• Our Department of Defense contract requires US Citizenship for this role
• 5+ years Healthcare Experience
• Experience with Microsoft’s SQL Server databases
Scheduled Weekly Hours40