For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director, Utilization Management will be customer facing with an opportunity to strategize, review processes, and implement process improvement, effectiveness and efficiencies. This is an opportunity to be innovative, develop a growing team, and make a positive mark on the face of health in Wyoming.
- Oversee UM Operations and BenEx Management
- Positions in this function are responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health, physical health, and/or substance abuse services
- Includes authorization, concurrent review, and coordination and assurance of appropriate levels of care to members. Provides case management services through review and evaluation of inpatient and outpatient health treatments for medical necessity, emergency status, and quality of care
- Individuals will be responsible for developing Policies & Procedures, creating efficiencies, strategizing and implementing new programs and activities
- Employees in this function must have a valid clinical license (i.e., LCSW, CMHC) or social work or are registered nurses (RN) with psychology specialty
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
- Impact of work is most often at the operational or local business unit or market level
- Independently Licensed Clinician or Nurse within the State of Wyoming or license eligible
- 3+ years of Management / Leadership experience
- 5+ years of healthcare quality utilization management experience
- 3+ years of Medicaid managed care / care management experience
- Must be located in WY or a neighboring state with access to Cheyenne, or be willing to relocate at own expense
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Utilization, Case Management, Managed Care, Operations, Behavioral Health, Licensed, Cheyenne, WY, Wyoming