Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
The Associate Educational Services (Entry Level) is responsible for managing an array of business functions that are critical to the success of our onsite presentations as well as providing exceptional service to our members and internal colleagues in the following areas.
- Onsite Presentation Coordination:
- Partner with account management to coordinate an average of 30 onsite presentations per month based on member need, presenter availability, speaker knowledge, and travel feasibility
- Handle logistics with accuracy and attention to detail to ensure seamless member experience, including pre-onsite planning calls, handouts and materials, audio-visual requirements, and post-onsite follow-up in the form of presentation evaluations
- Serve as a liaison between the presenter, account management, and member to confirm logistical details, utilizing appropriate scheduling tools and databases
- Serve as key resource for members to creatively solve and elevate operational challenges during the planning process and day-of the onsite
- Provide outstanding service to our members and internal constituents such as faculty, account management, and marketing
- Work with manager to analyze onsite trends, reporting on demand and current presenter capacity
- Executive Support:
- Support the Executive Director of the presenter team by managing calendar, travel coordination, and expense reporting
- Serve as a liaison to departments across the firm including Training and Development, Career Management, Marketing, and Account Management
- Supporting Research:
- Regularly meet with research program heads, reporting key onsite updates and data
- Manage intake and triage of all requests for onsite presentations, marketing and account management product side support visits, and national meeting visits
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of relevant experience (ie: internship, office experience, customer service, retail or other service related industries)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry / sorting), Microsoft PowerPoint (create and edit slides), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Effective process management and organization is highly desired
- Ability to communicate effectively by e-mail and phone in a business setting
- Ability to apply creative problems solving skills
- Attention to detail, especially when planning large-scale events
- Effective prioritization during high-volume times
- Previous experience with effectively communicating and working with senior leaders and / or management
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Keywords: cusomer service, retail, internship, process management, organization management, Washington, DC, Advisory Board