Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
It's that time, isn't it? You're ready for the next step forward and an opportunity to build on your skills. And it just so happens that there's never been a better time to become a part of the team at UnitedHealth Group. Today, more and more people are turning to our global health care services organization because we're leading the way in innovative ideas and quality. Here's where you come in. As part of our fast-paced operations team, you'll help ensure that we bring on new members comprehensively and accurately. You bring your energy, we'll provide the training, resources and opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This is a challenging role with serious impact. It's a fast paced, intense and high volume operation where accuracy and quality are essential. You'll need to be focused, learn fast and contribute quickly as well as communicate effectively.
Positions in this function are responsible for preparing, processing and maintaining new member or group enrollments. Positions may load new member or group data into the enrollment database & update the database with changes. Positions may also respond to member eligibility or group questions & verify enrollment status. Positions may work with various types of member correspondence. Positions may also be responsible for reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data & submitting retroactive eligibility changes. Positions may also be responsible for inventory control of member and group transactions. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Prepare, process and maintain new member or group enrollments
- Respond to member eligibility or group questions and verify enrollment status
- Reconcile eligibility discrepancies, analyze transactional data and submit retroactive eligibility changes
- Research errors by comparing enrollment error reports against system information along with records from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Limited work experience
- Works on simple tasks using established procedures
- Depends on others for guidance
- Work is typically reviewed by others
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Prior eligibility / enrollment experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Associate, Enrollment, Eligibility, Representative