Positions in this function are responsible for preparing, processing and maintaining new member or group enrollments. Positions may load new member or group data into the enrollment database & update the database with changes. Positions may also respond to member eligibility or group questions & verify enrollment status. Positions may work with various types of member correspondence. Positions may also be responsible for reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data & submitting retroactive eligibility changes. Positions may also be responsible for inventory control of member and group transactions. *Employees in jobs labeled with (SCA) must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
This is a challenging role with serious impact. It's a fast paced, intense and high volume operation where accuracy and quality are essential. You'll need to be focused, learn fast and contribute quickly as well as communicate effectively.
- Prepare, process and maintain new member or group enrollments
- Respond to member eligibility or group questions and verify enrollment status
- Reconcile eligibility discrepancies, analyze transactional data and submit retroactive eligibility changes
- Research errors by comparing enrollment error reports against system information
- Limited work experience
- Works on simple tasks using established procedures
- Depends on others for guidance
- Work is typically reviewed by others
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC
applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and
complex computer system applications
- Prior eligibility / enrollment experience
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Ability to interact with customers over the phone as needed
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Data Entry, Enrollments, Wisconsin, healthcare