At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Associate Financial Advisor (AFA) participates in the Wells Fargo Advisors financial advisor training program on a full-time basis and will be partnered with a Senior Financial Advisor. Qualified candidates will enter a comprehensive development and apprenticeship period offering a structured and supportive program designed to reward individual and team contribution while meeting personal, professional and organizational client service and financial goals. The Associate Financial Advisor will be fully trained and supported with the tools, resources, and coaching to serve as an apprentice to a Senior Financial Advisor while providing clients with financial advice consistent with client goals and risk tolerance. The AFA will be tasked to meet with clients, collect financial information, assess investment profile and evaluate client financial needs while providing enhanced service to deepen the relationship. The AFA will work to retain and increase existing client accounts (through developing financial plans and other needs-based solutions) and cultivate new clients over time. The AFA will gain more responsibility as experience increases and will transition from client service to relationship management and ownership. This person must complete online training, participate in classroom training, pass Compliance exams on products and suitability, and complete the activity requirements of the program.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of experience of one or more of the following; customer service, sales, or relationship building; or 6+ months of experience in financial services; or BS/BA degree or higher; or 3+ years of military experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Financial services industry experience
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Established network in the local market
- Experience developing and managing client relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 (or 63 & 65) or FINRA recognized equivalents must be obtained to remain in this position.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition to state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Wells Fargo will initiate financial and criminal background review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.