Join Us for Our Job Fair
Wednesday, August 22, 2018 from 1:00pm to 6:00pm
1050 Patrol Road
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment. Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Want to be part of something special? Come and help us make history. UnitedHealth Group and our OptumRX pharmacy benefits are helping to shape the change that is sweeping through health care today. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the proper packing and shipping of home delivery prescriptions for our members to ensure contents arrive safely and on-time. In addition to having impact on a great team, you’ll also discover the career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is challenging. You’ll need to have strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential as these prescriptions are critical to our members’ health and well-being. Primary Responsibilities:
- Use multiple computer systems to obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received and produce mailing labels
- Utilize the best method for product packing and shipping based on standard procedures to include type of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe and secure delivery
- Prepare manual prescription orders by verifying information, pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory and complete necessary scanning and packaging as necessary
- Maintain various machines and equipment (e.g. IPD machines, auto packing machines)
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work 7:00 am - 5:30 pm, EST Monday through Friday (Subject to change due to business needs) and work occasional Saturday shifts during periods of high volume
- 1+ years of prior experience in shipping / receiving
- Requires ability to lift up to 20 pounds and stand for long periods of time
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, health care, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk, shipping, receiving