Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function provide legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations, risks and privileges of the organization. Acquire deep knowledge of the industry and the specific business practices of United Healthcare Clinical Services so as to best advise senior business leaders. Provides a full range of legal advice and services and may specialize in one of more areas such as transactional work, contracts law, benefit law, insurance law, regulatory and compliance. Experience working in government benefit plans (Medicare/Medicaid) and representing healthcare providers is preferred.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 5+ years of prior legal experience
- Knowledge of U.S., state contract, corporate health care and regulatory law
- Experience with regulatory agencies and administrative experience with state insurance regulations
- Understanding of health care benefit coverage
- Proven success in collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment
- Demonstrated understanding of business problems related to assigned legal projects
- Ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Prior managed care legal experience
- Experience working in government benefit plans (Medicare/Medicaid)
- Experience representing healthcare providers
- Strong understanding of health insurance and/or managed care industry
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Managed care law, transactional work, contracts law, benefit law, insurance law, regulatory and compliance, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Denver, Co, Colorado