Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Senior Associate General Counsel in the Securities and Transactions legal group at UnitedHealth Group. This legal team oversees the M&A, investments, joint ventures, key strategic transactions, securities law, capital markets, real estate and tax legal functions enterprise - wide.
- Provide a full range of legal advice and services in areas such as M&A, investments, joint ventures, commercial law, contracts law, securities, anti-trust, tax law, regulatory and compliance
- Assess legal risks and work with business and operational teams to mitigate and address
- Provide executives across the enterprise with insights and guidance on complex, international legal issues and their commercial implications
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Minimum of 6+ years of progressive experience in transactional work (particularly M&A)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, works well in a team environment, able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards
Proven analytical skills and strategic decision-making ability
Experience successfully managing staff and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Impressive executive presence with the ability to gain credibility, rapport and support from key internal and external stakeholders
Outstanding writing skills
Strong influencing skills and ability to display a strong sense of versatility in relating to different levels within the organization and people with varying backgrounds and ideas. Be able to facilitate consensus and directions for change.
Strategic thinking with experience developing a long-term plan and ensuring its execution
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.