Are you an entry-level IT professional looking for more experience? H&R Block may have the opportunity for you!
The Associate Infrastructure Engineer supports the Enterprise Desktop Engineering team by providing engineering, operational, administrative, maintenance and support services for the H&R Block information technology infrastructure.
The Associate Infrastructure Engineer area of responsibility typically includes one or more of the following:
- Server and/or desktop hardware
- Windows Desktop and Server Operating systems
- Small Networks
- Hardware and software Troubleshooting
- Reviewing, creating and updating Process documents
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 support assistance
This position provides technical research and support to the Infrastructure, Senior, and Lead Engineers. This position provides support in the areas of technical support escalation, operational logistics, incident and problem resolution.
- Participate in as appropriate the engineering and deployment planning of infrastructure systems for IT and business customers.
- Support Tier 2 escalation activity to satisfy requests or resolve system, software or hardware deficiencies in existing systems.
- These actions may include performing technical research, collaboration and/or documentation of a corrective plan of attack, or executing a system recovery in the case of failure.
- Provide timely and consistent communication on overall systems status and operational issues as required by support and customer groups.
- Assure quality workmanship is performed by utilizing industry best practices and following H&R Block corporate standards and guidelines.
- As situations warrant, may be a participant in matrix teams for project activities.
- Support the execution of backup and recovery services.
- Provide efficient and effective project assistance to the internal and external H&R Block user community as assigned.
- Apply approved procedures and industry best practices on performance, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of applicable systems or solutions to deployed systems.
- Participate in the maintenance of security, contingency and system documentation of systems including diagrams, schema logical and physical layouts.
- Assist team to resolve hardware and operating system software problems utilizing industry best practices and H&R Block corporate standards.
- Self-management skills including organization and time management.
- Practical experience with process documentation.
- Vocational or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Twos years experience in a position and or schooling requiring IT technical problem solving skills.
- Functional understanding of various infrastructure components of an IT infrastructure including but not limited to server systems, storage technology, network technology, information security.
- Ability to prioritize rapidly shifting priorities and workloads.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot IT issues
- Functional oral, written, interpersonal communication and customer service skills.