PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To increase ARG sales and profits through local marketing leadership and support
LOCAL RESTAURANT and FRANCHISE MARKETING
- Develop System marketing strategy to support new and remodeled restaurants from pre-construction through post-opening.
- Create the Company Marketing plans to support Grand Openings.
- Generate alignment and buy-in with stakeholders of approved marketing plans.
- Guide Field Marketing Coordinators on Plan execution.
- Analyze and report business results on an ongoing basis and steward plan accordingly, and proactively recommending changes as needed based on results.
- Develop Local Restaurant Marketing (LRM) tactics to support competitive "blunting", down store sales and community outreach.
- LRM Creative Management.
- LRM Portal Stewardship.
- Assist in providing LRM direction and education to company ops and franchise partners.
- Work with Promotional Swag Vendor on maintaining arbysswag.com.
- Choose Promotional Products to support Arby's and Inspire.
- Monitor inventory movement.
- Work with Creative team to approve new product designs.
- Serve as the primary contact for a portfolio of Non-Media and Small Co-Op Franchisees.
- Guide Franchisees in support of National Promotional Calendar through local activation.
- Generate program alignment and buy-in with key stakeholders (e.g. franchise operations, franchisees, agencies) of approved marketing plans.
- Grand Openings
- Act as primary contact for remodel/new restaurant marketing plans for ARG Ops Teams
- Ensure all facets of marketing plans are communicated in a timely and accurate manner to all key stakeholders.
- Advise Franchise Partners on Grand Opening Strategy and best practices.
- Steward the Roadmap to Revitalization Guide Marketing section.
- Local Restaurant Marketing
- Communicate quarterly LRM initiatives to the system.
- Field calls and requests from reps and vendors seeking local marketing contact.
- Promotional Swag
- Communicate to System new products or sale items available via arbysswag.com.
- Work with Corporate Communications on Pop-up Shop Opportunities.
- Franchise Support
- Build and maintain relationships with franchisees in order to effectively facilitate two-way communications between brand and system.
- Ensure local and national programs are supported and executed in assigned DMAs, through on time and accurate store level communications, e.g. Marketing Updates.
- Serve as primary liaison between Franchisee and Marketing Department, elevating one-off programs through the appropriate approval channels.
- Maintain budget for local Grand Opening plans.
- Reconcile spend amount each period and complete variance explanation for any discrepancies versus ARG plan.
- Process Invoices.
ANALYSIS & INSIGHTS
- Analyze New and Remodeled Restaurant's Sales Activity to ensure sales goals are being achieved.
- Analyze specific restaurants sales and traffic to feed local marketing plan ideation.
- Be aware of local competitive activity and marketing tactics.
- Keep abreast of the latest local media/marketing tactics.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Conduct market visits to assess market conditions and gain local market knowledge to help feed marketing plan development.
- Conduct marketing training classes as needed.
- Participate in Operations meeting/activity to educate, inform and build relationships.
- Develop indirect reports such as Marketing Coordinators in order to ensure their success and add value to the organization.
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Business/Marketing
- 3+ years of field marketing or related marketing experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong organizational/prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well and work cross-functionally