The Associate Medical Director, Anesthesiology and Surgery Center, is a member of the leadership team and responsible for the quality, cost and service levels of health care provided by the anesthesia division. This position is responsible for the delivery of ambulatory surgical care and services at the SMA Surgery Center (SSC) as well as manages all Anesthesiology for OptumCare Mountain Region including UMC and SMA Anesthesiologists.
- Monitor and evaluate the health care and services delivered by all contracted surgeons and anesthesiologists who perform procedures at SSC, implementing corrective action when appropriate. Coordinate contracts with outside agencies or companies for services at SSC
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of an effective ambulatory surgical center quality management program and productivity goals. Monitor and evaluate the attainment of program and center goals
- Monitor and evaluate staff, contracted surgeon, and anesthesiologist performance at SSC, implementing corrective actions when appropriate. Coordinate with assistance from management team provider peer review for re-credentialing
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the Surgery Center Administrator and Surgery Center management team, implement corrective actions when appropriate. Evaluate SSC’s adherence to federal and state regulations, local ordinances, and the ambulatory center policies and procedures
- Ensure cost effective delivery of outpatient health care and ancillary services at SSC. Identify and evaluate budget variances and appropriately intervene on any gross variances. Ensure the center operates within allocated funds and budget
- Coordinate SSC participation in system-wide QI projects as appropriate; participate with risk management as appropriate
- Participate in regional provide relations that pertain to surgery center patients
- Participate in community activities that promote SMA and SSC. Participate in Medical Director activities as appropriate to the SSC
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Must have an active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
Board certified in Anesthesiology
Active DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
4+ years of experience in a multispecialty medical group practice with a minimum of one year ambulatory surgery management experience
Experience in utilization management, quality assurance, quality improvement techniques, and risk management
Must have knowledge of pre-operative care, evaluation and management in the dealing of Anesthesia in pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative environments
Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, decision making, and analytical skills
Maintain professionalism with an emphasis on integrity, a commitment to excellence and ethical principles of clinical care
Able to exercise confidentiality of patient information, informed consent, business practices and demonstration of respect and regard for the needs of the patients
Excellent medical judgment, performance evaluation, organizational and critical thinking skills with ability to implement appropriate resolution
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physician, MD, DO, Associate Medical Director, Medical Director, Anesthesia, Anesthesiology, Surgery Center, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada