Join a team working at the heart of Scholastic digital sales and marketing, reaching customers across digital marketing channels and eCommerce stores. The Marketing and eCommerce Associate will be responsible for the creation of marketing content and will support eCommerce functions including merchandising and site enhancement to drive intended business results. The position plays a vital role within a team that prides itself on developing innovative strategies for eCommerce stores and delivering multi-channel digital marketing campaigns that resonates with Scholastic’s parent and educator audiences.
• Helping to launch new business concepts geared toward the consumer, and implementing marketing campaigns to generate awareness of these programs and products
• Creating and curating marketing content, transforming business strategies into defined marketing campaigns that connect with the consumer
• Participating in the evolution of Scholastic’s eCommerce experience by driving new sales opportunities through marketing, merchandising and analytics
• Driving results, tied to key eCommerce metrics such as conversion, that grow sales for the consumer business
• Media planning – coordinating with team members and internal business unit partners to advance projects and push campaigns live
• Developing expert knowledge in content marketing and digital advertising platforms across channels such as digital display, email, paid search, and paid social
• Researching, recommending and implementing digital marketing procedures and best practices
• Conducting A/B tests to continually improve the consumer experience on eCommerce store sites
• Creating reports to monitor campaign performance and consumer feedback. Analyzing outcomes to recommend on-going and future optimizations
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• The position is a very hands-on role that requires an organized team player
• A strong interest in both digital marketing strategy and implementation is essential
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
• Must be very well organized, accurate, detail-oriented, able to follow a process, and have outstanding communication skills
• Must have excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills
• Must be energetic and self-motivated, responding to issues quickly with an open and positive attitude
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Psychology, Education, IT or other related fields is preferred
• Knowledge of Adobe Analytics and digital advertising platforms is a plus
• Knowledge of effective testing strategies with a focus on continual improvement is a plus
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 98-year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at Scholastic.com/AboutScholastic.
About the Associate Program
Scholastic’s Technology Associate Program is designed to identify, train, and promote the next generation of leaders. Each new-hire class receives comprehensive training and is quickly given responsibility to deliver on business goals using industry-leading tools, partners, and technology – all while working in an agile, iterative model that emphasizes collaboration, transparency, and goal-oriented development.