Responsible for review, follow up and collections of third party accounts. Ensure adherence to department workflow policies and procedures, and identify process improvements in efficiency and quality. All duties are conducted in accordance with departmental and/or company wide standard operating procedures.
- Follow assigned payer (third party payers) guidelines when processing an appeal, reopening or written inquiry
- Keep up with assigned third party payer plan coverage and changes
- Properly document accounts
- Review and recommend write off (adjustments) of accounts
- Issue refunds with appropriate documentation
- Maintain Issue log
- Responsible for reporting problems and error to management in an effective and efficient manner
- Attend and participates in departmental staff meetings
- Maintain productivity standards as set by management
- 10) Maintain quality standards as set by management
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years medical billing experience required
Thorough understanding of third party payers
- 2+ years of billing experience preferred
- Citrix centricity experience
- Emdeon and Avality experience
- Experience with Word, Excel & Outlook. Word - Create Correspondence and work within templates. Excel - Data Entry, Sort/filter, work within tables, V Lookups, Pivot Tables, utilize formulas. Outlook - email and calendar management.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing; Collections, Addison, Optum360, Third Party