Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Responsible for review, follow up and collections of third party accounts. Ensure adherence to department workflow policies and procedures, and identify process improvements in efficiency and quality. All duties are conducted in accordance with departmental and / or company wide standard operating procedures.
- Follow assigned payer (third party payers) guidelines when processing an appeal, reopening or written inquiry
- Keep up with assigned third party payer plan coverage and changes
- Properly document accounts
- Review and recommend write off (adjustments) of accounts
- Issue refunds with appropriate documentation
- Maintain Issue log
- Responsible for reporting problems and error to management in an effective and efficient manner
- Attend and participates in departmental staff meetings
- Maintain productivity standards as set by management
- 10) Maintain quality standards as set by management
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of medical billing experience
- Thorough understanding of third party payers
- Ability to work 40 hours a week between the hours of 7:00 am - 5:00 pm with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule and work overtime and / or weekends as needed
- 2+ years of billing experience
- Citrix centricity experience
- Emdeon and Avality experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, work within tables, vlookups, pivot tables, utilize formulas), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.