At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum Care Medical Group serve the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties. The combined medical group is composed of 15 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid-level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, Optum Care Medical Group strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient - driven model.
Great entry level position in healthcare! In this position you will interact with patients and their family members, healthcare providers, insurance companies. Learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to improve the lives of patients. Enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi-national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will demonstrate effective customer service and communication skills.
- Greets patients as they arrive
- Coordinates patient flow
- Assists patient with intake or admitting processes including copying required documents
- Collects co - payments, co - insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Collects, records and balances payments
- Processes walk - in patients and visitors
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
- Manages medical records (maintains, files / scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and / or filed in timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
- Flexible to cover Urgent Care hours if needed
- High school graduate or GED
- Experience with data entry
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical office setting
- Experience with insurance verifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
- ICD 10 and CPT coding experience
- Experience with referrals
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual fluency in Farsi and English
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: medical office, front office coordinator, data entry, insurance verifications, EMR, ICD-10, CPT, referrals, authorizations, Farsi, Irvine, Santa Ana, La Palma, CA, California