- Greets patients as they arrive
- Coordinates patient flow
- Assists patient with intake or admitting processes including copying required documents
- Collects co - payments, co - insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Collects, records and balances payments
- Processes walk - in patients and visitors
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
- Manages medical records (maintains, files / scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and / or filed in timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
- High school graduate or GED
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical office setting
- Experience with insurance verifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
- ICD 10 and CPT coding experience
- Experience with referrals
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual Spanish
- Experience with Endocrinology/FP/IM
Transforming healthcare and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It's an opportunity to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Entry level, patient care coordinator, front office, insurance verifications, referrals, scheduling, phones, Laguna Niguel, Ladera Ranch, Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, CA