The Associate Patient Care Coordinator (Part Time) - New Hyde Park, NY will record patient demographic and insurance information in the billing and PAI systems for multiple units. Works on multiple platforms to obtain benefit verification and authorization from insurers to facilitate prompt and appropriate payment for hospital services. Collects payments and educates patients about the Financial Assistance program.
two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of
performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading
edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here,
innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data
available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no
room for error. Join us and start doing your
life’s best work.SM
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of hospital front end registration and/or intake experience
- Must have availability to work part time with rotating shift 3 days one week and 4 days the following week (including weekends) working 52.5 biweekly (26.25 / hr per week)
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook (emails and calendar)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, and a broad understanding of medical insurance laws and guidelines, insurance policy, coverage types, hospital billing procedures and payment policies, required.
- Ability to communicate well and effectively interact with patients and families.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform
the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's
happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been
solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely
wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily
be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower
costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to
make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your
life’s best work.SM
creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Northwell, Hospital, Intake,
Registration, Part Time, front end registration, New Hyde Park, NY