- Greet patients
- Coordinate patient flow
- Assist patients with intake or admitting processes
- Collect co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 1+ year of experience in a hospital Patient Registration department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company, revenue cycle vendor, and/or other revenue cycle related roles.
- General understanding of insurance policies and procedures.
Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Able to perform basic mathematics for payment calculation.
Experience in requesting and processing financial payments.
Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
Knowledge of charity care programs as well as the various government and non-government programs.
8-hour shift between 5:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday thru Friday
- ICD 9 or 10 and CPT coding experience
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: medical office, medical coding, data entry