Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, every day. Here at OptumRX, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. And here's where you come in. As a Pharmacy Care Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls / completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader. The Associate Pharmacy Care Technician will report into the Operations Team Manager. This role involves working heavily in a matrix team environment to complete daily operational tasks that provide support for the overall maintenance of the Clinical Engagement Services Center Primary Responsibilities:
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Speaking on the phone with patients
- Claim Adjudication
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent experience
- State of Alabama Pharmacy Technician License
- Demonstrated ability in using a computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday) including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- Call center experience with the ability to sit and take calls for up to 8 hours per day
- PTCB National Certification
- Specialty Pharmacy experience
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth Care, Health Care, pharmacy technician, Microsoft Excel, Alabama, call center