UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6,
we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little
harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each
other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're
building a high - performance health care system that works better for
more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our
team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group,
and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles
that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities
that will fit your dreams.
an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change.
Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives
of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile / ventilated environment.
Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included. May also perform drug / supply ordering and inventory / warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust / calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units.
- Clerks, Techs and Pharmacists in regional and local pharmacies may also perform the following as permitted by state regulation: Prep and scan documents, verify member / patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system. Contact members / patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on - site facilities. Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical / lab information from computer system, verifies whether order / drug is reimbursable / covered.- Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing. Calibrate dosing pumps.- Pharmacists in this function may also act as the Pharmacist - in - Charge (PIC) which has additional duties to ensure Pharmacy is in compliance with federal and state regulations, professional standards and internal procedures. Note: ( If duties are exclusively Rx order creation use Front Pharmacy job function for Clerks, Techs and Supervisors)
- Limited work experience
- Works on simple tasks using established procedures
- Depends on others for guidance
- Work is typically reviewed by others
Supports Covance packaging and shipping needs
- High school diploma/ GED (or higher)
- Ability to create,
edit and save documents in Microsoft Word
- Schedule is Monday - Friday from 11am - 8pm or 12 pm - 9pm and rotating Saturdays from 9:30 am - 2 pm
- Have the ability to stand all day and lift 50 lbs.
Optum, you will perform within an
innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the Healthcare
system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multifaceted
business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's
greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy, UHG, OptumRx