This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life - saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders.
- Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
- May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile / ventilated environment.
- Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included.
- You may also perform drug / supply ordering and inventory / warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust / calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units.
Clerks, Techs, and Pharmacists in regional and local pharmacies may also perform the following as permitted by state regulation:
- Prep and scan documents, verify member / patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system.
- Contact members / patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on - site facilities.
- Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical / lab information from computer system, verifies whether order / drug is reimbursable / covered.
- Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing. Calibrate dosing pumps.
- Pharmacists in this function may also act as the Pharmacist - in - Charge (PIC) which has additional duties to ensure Pharmacy is in compliance with federal and state regulations, professional standards and internal procedures.
- Note: (If duties are exclusively Rx order creation use Front Pharmacy job function for Clerks, Techs and Supervisors.)
- Limited work experience.
- Works on simple tasks using established procedures.
- Depends on others for guidance.
- Work is typically reviewed by others.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years' retail pharmacy experience
- Must be available for any schedule between 7:00am to 9:00pm Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday, and / or 1:00pm to 9:00pm on Sunday with the potential for overtime any time during these time frames. This is a rotating schedule and you will be working about every 4th weekend.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including the ability to create, edit, save, and send Word Documents, Excel spreadsheets, and Outlook emails.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician, Prescriptions, Customer Service, Filling Prescriptions, Selling Prescriptions, UHG, UnitedHealthcare Group, Optum, OptumRx