Want to be part of something special? Come and help us make history. UnitedHealth Group and our OptumRX pharmacy benefits are helping to shape the change that is sweeping through health care today. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you'll be responsible for the proper packing and shipping of home delivery prescriptions for our members to ensure contents arrive safely and on-time. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is challenging. You'll need to have strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. Ability to work in a fast paced environment is essential as these prescriptions are critical to our members' health and well-being.
- Use multiple computer systems to obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received and produce mailing labels
- Utilize the best method for product packing and shipping based on standard procedures to include type of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe and secure delivery
- Prepare manual prescription orders by verifying information, pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory and complete necessary scanning and packaging as necessary
- Maintain various machines and equipment (e.g. IPD machines, auto packing machines)
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Pharmacy Technician license (Kansas State or PTCB)
- High level of empathy
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, health care, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk, shipping, receiving