The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we’ve earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you’ll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you’ll have some of the best training and tools in the world.
The Associate Pharmacy Clerk is responsible for the processing of member and prescription information to support the management and delivery of prescription medications.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work our 8 hour shift schedule during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 4:30pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 19 Chapin Rd, Building D, Pine Brook, NJ 07058.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient
- collateral (education materials) are included.
- May also perform drug/supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units.
- Properly packs product as required by Standard Operating Procedures
- Daily box preparation work.
- Create or fix any shipping labels as needed.
- Create shipping labels for international shipments.
- Bring packages to shipping, Mail, and Courier as needed.
- Assist with answering shipping and delivery door and inventory order.
- Receipt and appropriate storage of box order.
- Learn functions related to commercial courier and shipping system.
- Ensure adequate stock of ice bricks for appropriate packaging of daily shipments.
- Empties trash as needed and assembles shipping boxes.
- Runs the end of day reports – Manifestation Report.
- Monitors and reports as necessary delivery exceptions reports.
- Maintain knowledge of shipping holiday schedules.
- Maintain open communications regarding courier issues with supervisor.
- High School Diploma / GED or
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (including Core Competencies)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and cooperation skills
- Competent in basic mathematical equations with different forms of measurements, whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Proficient computer and organizational skills with the ability to focus on workload and achievement of both production and quality objectives
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk