Responsible for testing new and existing functionality in software or hardware products currently being developed to ensure a high level of quality. Thoroughly understands the function of the product or product area (end to end) from the customer perspective. Ensures that the software/hardware functions as specified in the design documents. Responsible for testing assigned feature areas and their interaction with other product features. Enters defects in the defect tracking system to document errors found in the product. Follows each task through to resolution. Testing for each milestone is completed on schedule with a high level of quality. Influence primarily impacts a specific project. Decisions have an impact on software/hardware quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write test plans and test cases in compliance with relevant organizational and industry standards.
- Creates clearly documented defect reports that enable a developer or technician to recreate the defect. May clear defect reports.
- Maintain and update test documentation, user guides, release notes, and help notes to ensure accuracy of applications and related documentation.
- Executes end-to-end functional tests andutilizes automated tests developed by others to exercise system. Collaborates to achieve end-to-end product and process quality.
- Information, analysis and recommendations to support the product.
- Understands the business needs the product is trying to meet and applies this understanding to guide testing. Applies a comprehensive understanding of the product functions and the marketplace in which it is sold effectively test assigned products
- Create work plans for own deliverables.
TEAM / LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Demonstrates a team player attitude -- promotes/fosters a positive work environment and maintains good working relationships. Consistently uses a collaborative approach to problem solving. Shares knowledge/information with team members
- Effectively participate on and sometimes lead cross-functional testing activities for legacy features. Share best-practices with other QA organizations.
- Regularly interact with peers and leads regarding assigned project tasks.
- Basic understanding of software lifecycle principles and techniques
- Working knowledge of the software testing processes
- Understands the product from the customer end-to-end point of view
- Communicates effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Experience using automation test tools or simulators
- Experience using test case or defect tracking tools