Join Scholastic's technology team as an Associate Quality Engineer, helping to build the next generation of Scholastic systems that reach teachers, students, and parents across the world. The Associate Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring the technology organization delivers the highest quality software and applications to business partners and customers. The Associate Quality Engineer will develop, document, and execute primarily automated tests to ensure the delivery of quality software products. In addition, this role will involve solving complex problems while following industry-leading testing practices, including writing and automating test cases/scripts, test execution, test result analysis, exploratory testing, defect filing and triage, and tracking issues through resolution. This position will collaborate with business analysts, software engineers, systems engineers, and project management personnel to support quality delivery.
• Creating test plans, test cases and test scripts to effectively test software and other technical solutions across multiple platforms
• Developing, publishing, and implementing test cases
• Writing, maintaining and executing automated tests
• Reproducing reported issues and triaging root causes
• Understanding business workflow and process flows
• Applying foundational programming skills in Java, Selenium, REST and related areas to implement the automated tests
• Applying foundational programming skills to implement performance test
• Following Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) practices
• Keeping test automation in the forefront of your mind when designing and executing tests for the purpose of product quality improvement
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Candidate must be a motivated team player. In addition, the candidate needs to be a quick learner who will apply their testing and analytical skills in a fast-paced, Agile development environment
• Solid communication skills and the ability to interact with software developers, product managers, and business users
• Have an excellent understanding of how modern web and mobile applications interface and communicate with web services and other back-end systems
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Agile, API Testing, Selenium Web Driver, Java, Github, Jenkins and Jira skills are a plus
• Knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL databases and query mechanisms is a plus
• The ideal candidate will have at least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 98-year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at Scholastic.com/AboutScholastic.
About the Associate Program
Scholastic’s Technology Associate Program is designed to identify, train, and promote the next generation of leaders. Each new-hire class receives comprehensive training and is quickly given responsibility to deliver on business goals using industry-leading tools, partners, and technology – all while working in an agile, iterative model that emphasizes collaboration, transparency, and goal-oriented development.