Seasonal associate responsible for and serves as the primary contact for all associate relations and ethics concerns for H&R Block. Investigate associate complaints and provide recommendations for resolution. Provide leadership training and coaching to leaders on fair employment practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for associate relations concerns at all levels, by counseling associates and leaders; mediating and resolving disputes between associates and leaders; conducting investigations and audits in accordance with federal, state and/or local employment laws, H&R Block corporate human resources policies and H&R Block Code of Business Ethics and make recommendation for appropriate action up to and including termination of employment
- Partner with the legal team to assist in claims
- Provides guidance and coaching to leaders and associates regarding employment and work-related concerns
- Provide just in time “how to” coaching to leaders
Ensures detailed documentation of associate relations issues using the Clarify system.
- Maintains confidential paper files, if applicable
- Ensures all human resources activities are in compliance with H&R Block values and regulatory guidelines; ensures a consistent application of human resources policies and practices.
- Conducts project work supporting associate relations activities as needed
- Responds to associates concerns received via telephone, letter or e-mails
- Ensure positive interaction with associates and leaders and help to resolve conflicts
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or other related field or a related discipline in which business knowledge and an understanding of human resources practices are gained
Minimum of five years experience in progress HR generalist responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Demonstrated strong communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization; strong presentation skills
- Strong and objective analytical and decision making skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, good judgment, evaluate people, managing conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Multilingual preferred – English required
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to navigate on Internet.